WCS Enterprise Connect
To prepare for future updates, please install and run the ‘Enterprise Connect’ application from Self-Service.
As part of our technology roadmap, we are rolling out a utility called Apple Enterprise Connect. Please follow the directions below to install the utility and then log in with it.
Why are we doing this? Having Enterprise Connect installed will allow us to let teachers and administrators change their passwords for their email, their computer and associated services. It will also allow the district to increase our data security by not having a centralized database of staff login credentials.
How do I install Enterprise Connect?
- Open up Self-Service on your MacBook Air.
- Locate the icon for “Apple Enterprise Connect-Staff.” It will be under the “Featured” tab and click install.
- Once the application is installed, you will be prompted to log in. Please use the first part of your email (lastName.firstName) and your email password.
- If your computer password is different than your email password, you will be prompted to get them in sync. To do so, first type in your COMPUTER password (i.e., the password that you use to unlock your computer).
- You should then see a message that says your passwords are now in sync.
- That’s it! You can click on the red close button in the top left of the window to close the window.
Once installed, you’ll notice a new icon in your menu bar. The icon, a key inside a circle, will be there to let you know it’s running.
What passwords can I change?
Changing your password through Enterprise Connect will change what’s known as your Active Directory password. This password is then synced to Google, and all services that tie into Google.
This WILL change:
- Your computer password
- Google Docs/Drive/Sheets/Slides
- Gmail (email)
- Services using Google to sign in:
- Clever (Edutyping, DreamBox, MackinVIA, CommonLit)
- Other things that have a “Login with Google” button
- The password you use to set up a new iPad
This WILL NOT change:
- Pearson SuccessNET
- Sites where you have created accounts on your own
How do I change my password?
1- To change your password, first click the Enterprise Connect logo on your menu bar. It looks like a key inside a circle.
2- Select “Change password…” NOTE: you can only change your password once every 24 hours. After you change it, tech support will NOT have record of it. If you ask us to log into your Google account for troubleshooting reasons, we will either have to ask you for your password or reset it to a new password.
3- Enter your current password, followed by the new one.
Please note, your new password must follow a set of requirements, including being 8 or more characters long, cannot have any words in common with your username, and contain a mix of letter case, numbers, or special characters. They system will validate your password as you type.
4- That’s it! Your password is now updated.
What happens if I forget the password that I’ve set?
If you’ve forgotten the password that you set, all is not lost. Please contact your building’s tech support and they will reset your password to a default one. We’ll give you the default and you’ll be requested to log in via the “How do I change my password” steps above and set it to something new.