Information and Instructions
DETAILS: In the Westside Community Schools, technology serves an important role in the teaching and learning process. To prepare for that, there are some digital forms that need to be completed for each student.
SUMMARY: Technology-related forms previously handled in the Westside Back-to-School Update/Returning Student Registration will now be handled by our My School Bucks site. The Details and Step By Step sections below will provide more complete information.
This year, these forms will be handled through our My School Bucks site which operates as an online store with a shopping “Basket/Cart”. Here is an overview of what you need to do for each of these items:
- Read each of these forms over with your student(s), complete each required item, and type in your name as an electronic signature.
- Add each of the items to the “Basket/Cart”.
- When you have all your items in the Basket/Cart you need to check out.
Important Note: The ONLY item that has a cost is the Technology Cooperative Loss program for secondary (7-12) students.
STEP BY STEP: Follow the steps below to complete the process.
- Parents need to go to the Westside PowerSchool site ( ps.westside66.org ).
- Parents should log in using their parent Username and Password.
- [ If you do not know your parent Username and/or Password email email@example.com WITH your student’s name. Once you hear back from them, come back here and complete the process. ]
- Once logged in as a parent to the Westside PowerSchool site, look for My School Bucks along the left hand side of the page and click.
- If you do not already have a free My School Bucks account set up, you will be prompted to create one.
- If My School Bucks offers to “Make Your MySchoolBucks Account More Secure” just click on SKIP FOR NOW (you can come back later and do that).
- Look for and click on REQUIRED Technology Forms.
- The forms:
- For elementary students (grades K-6) the only item that needs to be completed is the Permission to Create Educational Accounts. This is a zero cost ($0.00) item.
- For secondary students (grades 7-12) there are 3 required items:
- Permission to Create Educational Accounts. This is a zero cost ($0.00) item.
- WCS Computer Loan Agreement. This is a zero cost ($0.00) item.
- Technology Cooperative Loss Program. This is the only item that could have a cost. This is an optional (but recommended) program that helps reduce the costs if a laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen. The cost of participation is $50.00 (or $25.00 if your student is in the Free/Reduced Lunch Program). You may decline to participate ($0.00).
- For each form: read it with your student(s), complete it, and then click Add to Basket.
- When all the required items (1 form for elementary students, 3 forms for secondary students) have been added to the Basket/Cart, select View Cart/Checkout from the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of the page.
- Complete the checkout process as directed by the site. If you are participating in the Cooperative Loss Program for a secondary student, you will be asked to provide credit card/debit card details to make a secure payment.
- If using a shared computer please make sure you sign out of both MySchoolBucks and PowerSchool and then Quit out of the web browser. Failure to do so will allow the next user on that computer access to your MySchoolBucks account (Added 8/30/2019).
NEED HELP completing this process?
Tech Form Help Night: We had a help night on Tuesday, June 25th from 5PM to 7PM at Westside High School (8701 Pacific, Omaha, NE 68114). Enter through the front doors and go immediately up the stairs. We will be there waiting to help you. Please understand, this event is only for folks that need help going through the process.
If you are having trouble completing these online forms and need help, we will be available inside the front of Westside High School (8701 Pacific) on Tuesday, August 6th, from 5PM-7PM.
UPDATE (Thursday, July 25th, 2019-10:28AM): Powerschool and the MySchoolBucks Tech Forms have been up since July 8th and are ready for parents to complete. Please do so as soon as possible. Please see information below.
UPDATE (Friday, June 21, 2019-10:52AM): Parents of students who are new to the district (including kindergartners) will need to wait to complete the tech form process until July 8th. This is when those students will become fully activated in our student information system.
Students of returning parents should note that the student information system will be down from June 28th until July 8th and will disable parents ability to get into the tech form system. During this window the student information system will be receiving updates.
Thank you for your patience as we implement this new system.