There are a TON of amazing apps out there for the iPad and we are happy to get them deployed to your students’ iPads. Please take a look at the procedure below. We’ll make every attempt to purchase and deploy the app as soon as possible as long as it meets basic district requirements.
WCS iPad App Request Process
1. Take a look at the apps that are already on the iPad to make sure that there isn’t anything already installed that will do what you would like. A full list of apps can be found on Area 66 under iPad Central.
2. Discuss with another teacher, teacher leader or principal about the app that you are thinking about. Talk about the app you are thinking about and how it will help you meet curriculum objectives and improve student learning.
3. After you have completed steps 1 and 2, go to the link below to complete the request form. Please only request one app per form. You will need to be signed into your WCS Google account. http://goo.gl/JMt434
4. App requests will be reviewed by the technology integration group. We will be balancing flexibility, equity, app size, cost and app quality. Please allow for at least a week between the time you are submitting the request and when you would like to use the app.
5. Please be aware that submitting a request is not a guarantee that the request will be approved. We will try to be accommodating as possible, but there will be instances where we are unable to approve every request. These include the app being too similar to an app already deployed, having inappropriate ads, not being closely related to curriculum, being cost prohibitive or having items in its terms of service that are incompatible with district policy or state/federal law.
6. You will receive an email when your request has been processed.
7. If the app is approved, it will be made available to students and appropriate staff through Self-Service.