A New Resource: Lynda.com
Westside employees and students now have access to Lynda.com which has thousands of online, video-based courses on a wide variety of subjects. Further details and login instructions may be found below.
What is Lynda.com?
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Apple iWorks (Numbers, Pages, Keynote), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, inDesign, Dreamweaver), photography, business skills, Filemaker Pro, web development, graphic Design, programming languages (PHP, C+, Swift, etc.), introductions to app development…
The items listed immediately above are just a few of the thousands of topics for which Lynda.com’s experts have developed professional-quality, video-based courses that may be accessed through the internet. These can be watched from a laptop/desktop/mobile web browser OR through the Lynda.com apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android. Course listings are regularly being expanded and updated.
Who can use Lynda.com?
Every Lynda.com course is available for any Westside employee and student(students under 13 years of age need parental permission) to access and learn from. Lynda.com is an any time, any place, “all you can eat” resource. Feel free to utilize Lynda.com for your own learning or integrate its components into your instruction.
How can you get started using Lynda.com
1. In a web browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome, Firefox) go to:
2. This will actually take you to an “accounts.google.com” page since Lynda.com will be using our Westside Google system to check who can and can’t get in to our online Lynda “Campus”. You may safely give Lynda.com permission to “View your email address” and “View basic profile info” by clicking the ACCEPT button on this page.
NOTE: If you happen to be logged into multiple Google accounts (for example both your Westside Google and your personal Google account) you may be asked to select one…choose your Westside Google account.
3. You will then be asked if you have ever previously had a Lynda.com account( most of you probably will not have had one before).
Choosing I’VE HAD AN ACCOUNT will allow Lynda coursework that you have done previously to be brought into this new account.
Choosing NO, I’VE NEVER HAD AN ACCOUNT is most common.
5. At this point you may watch the introductory Welcome video, click on Browse the Library to view the various course categories, or type in a keyword to begin a search for a topic in accordance with your interests.
6. Enjoy the learning…future communications will highlight additional features, capabilities, and content.