Tech Bytes – November 2015 INTEGRATION IDEAS
Students can create a digital notebook combining handwriting, photos, typing, and recorded audio
- Science Notebooking
- Annotate scanned pdf files
- Independent Reading Log/Response Journal
- Math Notebook
- Language Arts graphic organizers
- Running Records with Voice Recorder
Students can use Explain Everything as a screen casting tool or interactive whiteboard to demonstrate understanding of a concept or idea. Students can combine images, text, shapes, and recorded audio and video.
- Letter Sounds Treasure Hunt- Have students take photos of items in classroom with certain beginning letter sounds and create a screencast of treasure hunt.
- Have students demonstrate and narrate a math concept to teach other students what they know.
- Provide a pdf of a short story, have students annotate parts
- Students can become weather reporters and create a newscast on weather conditions using images, text and audio.
Students can use Qrafter to create and read QR codes.
- Make Learning Stations-place qr codes around room that link to online activities, video or content
- Use to check for answers-have students check answers to a assignment by scanning a QR code.
- Place QR codes in classroom books linking to audio review by students. Students could also create book trailer using iMovie and turn into QR code