Student iPad Setup Guide 2016-17
Below are instructions on how students can setup their iPads for the 2016-17 school year. This year, the directions are the SAME for both new and returning students. To complete the setup process, students will need their Westside username and password.
Download the setup guide as a PDF (best for printing): 2016-17 Student iPad Setup Guide
View expanded directions as a Google Slideshow: Link to Slideshow
iPad Student Setup Guide
Setting up the iPad
1) Turn on iPad by holding down on the power button on the top of the device.
2) Swipe the iPad to begin the setup assistant. Select English and the United States.
3) Choose a Wi-Fi Network.
Network Name: WCS-Wireless
Password (case sensitive): westside66 (careful, the iPad may auto capitalize the first letter)
Now tap “Join” The iPad will activate (message).
4) On the Location Services screen, select ‘Enable.’
5) On the screen stating that Westside will auto configure the iPad, Click next.
6) When asked for your “Westside Community Schools Active Directory username and password”, enter this information. NOTE: the password field is case sensitive
7) Click Next. Your iPad will now install the configuration (settings) from Westside Community Schools.
8) When prompted about Siri, select “Turn On Siri.”
9) You should now see the iPad’s welcome screen. Click “Get Started” to begin.
The following is a checklist of items that should now load on your iPad, check these off as they appear:
Apps on Dock
*Note: all other apps will be available via Self Service
1. Tap the Mail icon on the iPad’s dock to set up email on student device.
2. Enter your password. *NOTE* If you get an error, be patient, and hit okay again.