Request an App
All student iPads at Westside Community Schools are given access to apps picked due to their ability to let students create. We know that there are many, many more great apps out there though! Please look at the process below on how to request new apps be added to you and your students’ iPads. All apps that are assigned through this process will be continued to be assigned in subsequent school years.
As a reminder, staff have the ability to install any free app that they wish in the Apple app store. The process below should be used for staff that would like to have apps pushed out to student’s devices .
*NOTE*: This process is for Apps only. We are unable to push out PDFs, iBooks or images. Those should be shared with students via email or Google Drive.
WCS App Request Process
- Take a look at the apps that are already on the iPad to make sure that there isn’t anything already installed that will do what you would like. Apps that were requested and granted in previous years will still be available to your classroom. A full list of apps can be found on Area 66 under iPad Central (http://area66.westside66.org/category/ipad-central/)
- Discuss with another teacher, teacher leader or principal about the app that you are thinking about. Discuss the app and how it will help meet curriculum objectives and improve student learning.
- After you have completed steps 1 and 2, go to the link below to complete the request form. Please only request one app per form. You will need to be signed into your WCS Google account. http://goo.gl/JMt434
- App requests will be reviewed by the technology integration group. We will be balancing flexibility, equity, app size, cost and app quality. Please allow for at least a week between the time you are submitting the request and when you would like to use the app.
- Please be aware that submitting a request is not a guarantee that the request will be approved. We will try to be accommodating as possible, but there will be instances where we are unable to approve every request.
- You will receive an email when your request has been processed.
- If the app is approved, it will be made available to students. Students can find approved apps by looking in ‘Self-Service’ on their iPad. Apps are categorized and for larger categories you may need to tap on ‘Show All’. Alternatively, students can use the search bar on the top right of the Self-Service main screen.