DRC Insight Directions-iPad 2016-17
DRC Insight Directions-iPad
Part 1: Preparing Student Devices for Testing
- DRC INSIGHT has been sent out to all student iPads. Students should see an icon like the one on the right on their home screen.
- If you do not see the app on their home screen, please open up Self-Service and download.
- Typically, there is NOTHING that you need to do as a classroom teacher to prepare the iPad for testing
Part 2: Using the iPad on Test Day
- When starting to test, have students tap on the DRC INSIGHT app. The app has the ability to lock itself; there is no need to use Apple Classroom to lock student into the app.
- Student are able to click the home button and exit the app until they have logged into an exam. Once they begin the exam, they cannot exit the DRC INSIGHT app until the they exit/finish the exam.
- Once the exam is finished, students can click the home button and return to using their iPad as normal.
Part 3: Troubleshooting
To ensure a smooth testing day, it is recommended that you complete the following:
- Make sure all iPads are plugged in and charging the night before
- Check with students to verify the DRC INSIGHT app is installed on their iPad before test day.
- Before launching the test, have students check their internet connection by opening a page up in Safari.
General Troubleshooting Steps
1) Check that the student’s iPad is open, unlocked and connected to the Internet.
2) Visually check to see that the DRC INSIGHT app is downloaded on their iPad. If it is not, go into self service and download it.
3) If steps 1 and 2 fail, try re-starting the iPad by holding down the home button and the sleep button until the iPad re-starts and then repeat steps 1 and 2.
4) If all else fails, delete the DRC INSIGHT app and re-download from Self-Service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I delete an app on a student iPad?
A: To delete an app on a student iPad, do the following:
- Open up Settings
- Tap on ‘General’ then ‘Storage & iCloud Usage’
- Tap ‘Manage Storage’
- Scroll through the list to find the app you want to delete and tap on it
- Click ‘Delete App’
Q: I get an error that says “Configuration File Not Found”
A: This is most likely caused by an error during the app download process. Delete the DRC INSIGHT app and re-download from Self-Service.
Q: I get an error that says “Guided Access is Not Enabled, Please raise your hand and wait for help”
A: This is most likely caused by an error during the app download process. Delete the DRC INSIGHT app (see above), restart the device by holding in the power and home button until the Apple appears and then re-download DRC INSIGHT from Self-Service.
Q: When I click on the DRC INSIGHT app it sends me back to the home screen.
A: If you tap the DRC INSIGHT app again, it should launch normally. If it doesn’t, then delete the DRC INSIGHT app (see above), restart the device by holding in the power and home button until the Apple appears and then re-download DRC INSIGHT from Self-Service.