Using Web Help Desk
Web Help Desk is the Westside School district’s technology repair ticket system. Web Help Desk will be further referenced to as (WHD). This system should be used by both staff and students to report issues related to technology. The user guide below provides step by step instructions for submitting Web Help tickets as well as who to contact for specific concerns. NOTE: the PDF below does not contain up to date contact information for the elementary’s. Please see the text below for current information.
This system should be used by both staff and students to report issues related to technology. These issues include things like:
- Hardware Problems (Computer, Printers, Projectors) Software Problems
- Email Problems
- Wireless Problems
- Authentication Problems
- Blackboard Issues
- Phone Issues
Submitting a ticket
When users submit a request to the WHD, it is automatically converted into what is called a ticket. A ticket is the means by which Clients and Techs communicate. Submitting a ticket to WHD is a one step process. Users will send an email to one of the addressees listed below. The emails are split up based on which technician supports their buildings. Emails can only be submitted from Westside66.org email addresses.
- Secondary Buildings:
- WHS (email@example.com) ]
- WMS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WCC/WHS-West help (email@example.com)
- Phone help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tyler help (email@example.com)
- Buildings: Oakdale, Paddock Road, Prairie Lane, Rockbrook, Westgate, Alumni House, Carriage House, Family Ed Center, SPED Apartment, 1305 House.
- Emerson help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Buildings: Hillside, Loveland, Sunset Hills, Swanson, Westbrook, ECSE, Underwood Hills
- Blackboard (email@example.com) All Buildings
What to include
When you send the request the subject line is used identify the type of problem and the body of your email will be copied into the problem description. Include the following in the body of your email:
- Location within the building
- Identify the hardware which has the issue
- For Elementary Student computers we need the Cart ID, Cart Location, and Computer ID
*** If you can’t remember where to send the email simply type help into the To: line on your email and choose the building/tech/subject that fits.
Once you have submitted a ticket you will receive a confirmation email similar to the one below saying that a ticket has been created.
Once you receive this email your assigned technicians will be notified of the issue. Hold onto this email as it can be used to update your ticket. You have two options once you submit the ticket. You can add a note to update the status or provide additional information and/or choose to cancel the ticket if the problem is resolved.