AppleTV Tips and Tricks
The Apple TV is a simple device with some great features many users often fail to discover. The following list provides several tips and tricks on getting the most use out of your Apple TV and all that it has to offer.
- Holding down the menu button will get you back to the main menu faster than clicking menu 100 times
- If you go to the Main Menu settings, you can hide apps from the main screen, which is nice if you know you’re never going to touch a lot of things on it.
- If you wish to organize your home screen more, you can select an icon and hold down on the center button until the icons start jiggling and move it wherever you want
- If you have an iOS device, particularly an iPad, download and setup the Apple Remote App. It’s much easier to type on your iOS device than using the remote to move letter to letter. Or pair a bluetooth keyboard.
- You can put the Apple TV to sleep immediately by holding play/pause on the main menu
- To rename your Apple TV go to Settings-General-Name to distinguish one from the other
- If downloading or streaming on your Apple TV appears to be slow or laggy, you can run a network test right on the streaming box to detect any connection issues. Simply navigate to Settings > General > Network and click on Test Network
- Apple TV offers a “Conference Mode”. It is helpful in business or school situations and gives people in the room some hints how to stream content to the Apple TV (via AirPlay -To enable Conference Mode Go to “Settings > AirPlay > Conference Room Display” and turn it on.
- Your Apple TV offers a handy feature called a “Passcode” to prevent students from taking control of your screen with their device, and stop the teacher next door from accidentally showing content on your screen -To Turn on a Passcode Go to Settings > AirPlay > Security.